First and foremost, we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience the Library’s temporary closure causes for your household. During the Library’s closure, we are committed to continuing as many services as possible to cardholders. As such, the Library will offer curbside service, for you to check out and pick up physical materials, at the Library’s Saint Johns Dr. entrance during the following times, weather permitting: Tuesday through Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
How to Utilize Curbside Service
- Step 1 – Place a hold on physical books, audiobooks, movies, etc. that show as available in the Library’s online catalog, https://catalog.hplibrary.info.
- You may visit, search for items, and place holds on items through the online catalog, https://catalog.hplibrary.info/#section=myaccount. Once you search and find an available physical item you would like to hold, click on the “Place Hold” button. Next, log in with your library card number and PIN. Then click on the “Submit Hold” button.
- If you have questions concerning placing holds online, or you would like suggestions for materials, Library staff are happy to assist you by phone, 214-559-9400, or email, email@example.com, Tuesday through Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Step 2 – Receive email notification from the Library that your holds are ready for pick up.
- Step 3 – Visit the Library’s entrance on Saint Johns Drive and park in a designated Library parking spot.
- Step 4 – Call the Library at 214-559-9400 to inform staff you have arrived to pick up your material. Staff will confirm your name and library card number at this time, as well as ask for the make, model, and color of the vehicle you are driving.
- Step 5 – Library staff will deliver the material to your vehicle.
- Please be aware the Library is unable to comprehensively sanitize every single item that is checked out, and as such, customers are advised to wash their hands after handling materials and avoid touching their faces. The World Health Organization, https://www.who.int/news-room/q-a-detail/q-a-coronaviruses, has reported there is conflicting evidence of how long the virus may persist on surfaces, especially under varying conditions (temperature, humidity, etc.).
- There is a limit of 10 items for curbside service.
- The Library is suspending the assessment of fines for overdue materials during the temporary closure. Damage fees and fees for lost materials will still apply.
- Please know the Library has revised, and in many cases expanded, the checkout and renewal periods for certain physical materials for the time being. The new checkout periods for all physical materials, be it books, audiobooks, DVDs, etc. are:
- Initial checkout period of 14 days
- Eligible for three (3), two-week renewals, when possible
- You can renew physical Library materials by visiting and logging into the “My Account” section of the Library’s online catalog, https://catalog.hplibrary.info/#section=myaccount. To log in, simply enter your library card number and PIN. After logging in, please click on the “Account Activity” link, then choose which items to renew. If you have questions concerning renewing online, Library staff are available to assist you by phone, 214-559-9400, or email, firstname.lastname@example.org, Tuesday through Saturday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- This service is for picking up items on hold ONLY. No other transactions will be handled curbside.
- All returns will need to be handled through the Library book drop at the Library’s Saint Johns Drive entrance.
- Your library card must be current and in good standing (fines under $5) to use this service. For questions, please contact the Library at 214-559-9400.
- The Library may need to revise hours for curbside service or suspend the service when deemed necessary.