Accountability and financial transparency are the foundation of a well managed and open government. The Highland Park Town Council has made government transparency a top priority. Below are resources to financial data and online resources that provide information on how Town tax dollars are budgeted, spent, and invested. We endeavor to make both the information and the way it is presented, as clear and informative as possible.
Highland Park received a star in the area of Traditional Finances from the Texas Comptroller, which recognizes entities for their outstanding efforts in making their spending and revenue information available.
Additionally, the Town received a star in the area of Public Pensions for providing visual and narrative explanations of actuarial valuations, contribution rates and benchmark comparisons on our website.
Find information about the Highland Park Town Council, including contact information and links to .
- Annual Comprehensive Financial Report
- Check Register
- Monthly Financial Reports
- Visualization - Revenue and Expenditures per Capita (PDF)
- Traditional Finances Summary (PDF)
In addition to the EMMA filings, as of June 1, 2016, municipal issuers in the State of Texas are also subject to the reporting requirements of House Bill 1378 - 84th Legislative Session, which requires reporting specific debt/financial information for an issuer’s operations as of each fiscal year.
- FY2022 Report Pursuant to Section 140.008 Local Government Code - House Bill 1378 (PDF)
- FY2021 Report Pursuant to Section 140.008 Local Government Code - House Bill 1378 (PDF)
- FY2020 Report Pursuant to Section 140.008 Local Government Code - House Bill 1378 (PDF)
- FY2019 Report Pursuant to Section 140.008 Local Government Code - House Bill 1378 (PDF)
Since 2008, the visualization - property tax rate (PDF) in Highland Park has been $0.22 on each $100 of assessed valuation. However, effective fiscal year beginning October 1, 2019, the Town Council approved a property tax rate of $0.23 on each $100 of assessed valuation. Additional information on property tax is available online.
The sales tax rate in Highland Park is 8.25%:
- 6.25% - State of Texas
- 1% - Town of Highland Park
- 1% - Dallas (MTA) (Metropolitan Transit Authority)
Open Records / Public Information Requests
The Texas Public Information Act gives the public the right to request access to government information. The request must ask for records or information already in existence. To submit an open records request, complete the form and submit it to the Town Secretary’s Office.
In compliance with HB 3693, the Town reports annual energy consumption.
Pursuant to Sec 76.201 of the Texas Property Code, the Town of Highland Park provides the names of those persons/entities for whom the Town of Highland Park is holding unclaimed property.