The University Park Public Library and the Highland Park Library are joining together to bring families virtual Summer Reading Events for children.
June 24, 3 p.m. - Grace Hula Company
Learn the fun and fast-paced style of hula dancing from the pros in this live Zoom presentation.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, June 23 to register and receive the meeting code and password. This program is limited to 100 Zoom participants.
Be sure to sign up for the 2020 Children’s Summer Reading Club at hptx.beanstack.org. Participants can earn 25 points towards their reading goal for each virtual event they attend this summer.
Coming Soon! July Virtual Summer Reading Events
July 8, 3:00 p.m. - Critterman Show, Rainforest Jewels.
Creepy and crawly? Or cute and cuddly? Decide for yourself after you meet some cool critter friends in this virtual presentation of "Rainforest Jewels."
- On July 8, the Library will send out a link to the show to email subscribers. Please feel free to share the link with family and friends. Please email email@example.com to be added as an email subscriber.
July 15, 3:00 p.m. - Legendary Black Belt Academy.
Learn some kung fu moves in this live Zoom presentation.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, July 14 to register and receive the meeting code and password. This program is limited to 100 Zoom participants.
July 22, 3:00 p.m. - Circus Freaks Juggling Workshop.
Witness spectacular juggling feats and learn a few tricks of your own in this live video program. Appropriate for ages 8 years and older.
- Please email email@example.com by Tuesday, July 21 to receive access to the program. Following the show, any child who is interested in learning more about juggling will be able to receive further instruction from the Circus Freaks in a free follow-up session (more information will be provided during the show).
July 29, 3:00 p.m. - Perot Museum’s TECH Truck.
Tinker, Engineer, Create and Hack with help from the pros at the Perot Museum in this live, hands-on Zoom presentation.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org by Tuesday, July 28 to receive the meeting code and password, and for information on picking up a materials packet at the library before the program. This program is limited to 100 Zoom participants.
Additional Ways to Contact the Library
Please reach out to Library staff in the following ways:
- By email, email@example.com or the Ask a Librarian Service available on the Library’s website
- By phone, 214-559-9400; if prompted to leave a message, please know messages will be checked regularly
- By Live Chat on the Library’s Home Page or Welcome Page, Tuesdays - Saturdays from 2:30 - 5:30 p.m.
Please email the Library or sign up online (select Library News and Services) to be added to our subscriber list to receive email updates from the Library.